You can change your IBM QRadar network settings by running the QRadar qchange_netsetup script.
Some make the mistake of changing the network settings (such as IP address, hostname, and DNS settings) directly on the QRadar operating system – which runs on a custom RedHat Enterprise Linux distribution.
Here are the steps needed to change your QRadar network configuration.
NOTE: There will be some server down time involved since the script will stop all QRadar services and initiate a server reboot. Also note that the procedure should be done on the physical server terminal/console, and not through a remote SSH session.
1. Open the QRadar terminal (It should be directly on the server and not through SSH).
2. Run the following command: # qchange_netsetup
3. Read the terms and press Y and enter to continue
4. Wait for the services to automatically stop
5. Change the network configuration as necessary
6. Select Finish and wait for the server to reboot.
QRadar will use the new network settings after rebooting.